Whether it’s a burst pipe, an overflow, or clogged drain, plumbing emergencies usually amount to a messy inconvenience that homeowners are forced to deal with. The following list, from my friend who does water heater repair in Riverside, will assist homeowners with steps to take in the event of a plumbing emergency, and may help lessen the stress and panic.
- First of all, remain calm and chat with professional plumbers in Houston. While water rushing all over the floor can definitely raise feelings of panic in anyone, running around the house screaming isn’t going to fix the issue. The first step is to shut off the water supply immediately and right after call Mario’s Plumbing Sunshine Coast. You can either shut off the main valve to the home, or shut off the water to a particular fixture. If you turn off the main water supply, be sure to turn off the water heater via the circuit breaker as well. If the water heater continues to run with no water supply, it could overheat and cause severe damage.
- If you notice a leaking pipe, turn off the main water supply and call a residential plumbing expert. You may need to replace the pipe or have the plumbing joint re-soldered by a professional plumber.
- If you have a leaking appliance, first check the traps. Many times, leaking is caused by a buildup of debris, which causes a clog in the drain and overflowing water. If the drain trap is clear, call a plumber or appliance repair service.
- If you have a clogged tub, sink, or toilet, use a plunger to try and unclog the drain. Remove the drain cover in a sink or shower and get rid of any collected hair or debris that is immediately visible inside the drain. If neither of these steps work, call a plumber to professionally snake the drain. Looking for plumbers insurance that covers all?
- If a toilet is overflowing, you can stop the flow of water by lifting the tank cover and pushing the stopper down into the valve seat. If the toilet is constantly running, it may be that the stopper is not correctly sitting in the valve, or the chain to the handle may be broken, in that case, we’d suggest contacting a plumber like the brooklyn plumber.
If you need a fast response and experienced service, call Empire Plumbing today. We are available 24/7 and will quickly get your plumbing back in order. Contact the MICHAEL’S VALLEY PLUMBING SERVICE PROS, INC. for further information.