Frozen pipes can create dangerous and costly situations for homeowners. If frozen pipes result in burst pipes, the damage can cost thousands. When temperatures are expected to drop, homeowners can take a few simple steps to prevent plumbing from freezing. Hire a professional plumbing company or an experienced plumber to inspect and prepare your pipes for the winter season as well as conduct pipe repair whenever necessary.
If freezing cold is in the forecast, be sure to do a walk-through of your home and take these precautionary measures, so you don’t have to worry about the possibility of a burst pipe. If you’re looking for a company to do Basement Development in Edmonton Alberta contact our team of professionals. Looking for glass for shower to reinstall your bathroom? Check these options.
Contact this ducted heat pump nz company to have a better control of the temperature at home, whether it’s too hot or too cold outside you can choose your own indoor climate and get ac installation services done. Before the weather starts getting cold, be sure to check and all outdoor plumbing so you do not end up with ice blocked drains, outdoor spigots and pool piping.
- In notoriously cold areas, pipes that are close to exterior walls or are un-insulated can be protected with heat cables or pipe sleeves.
- If there are areas in your home that are particularly cold, like the basement or bathroom, you can set a space heater on a timer to periodically oscillate warm air throughout the room, also you can find out your home’s basement waterproofing cost.
- In extreme cold, leave a faucet on to trickle in the kitchen. The constant movement of water through the pipes will prevent it from freezing. Make sure that you heater or whatever you may be using to provide home water treatment is working. For this, you would need heater and water softener maintenance to ensure that it is always working to avoid freezing water.
- Leave kitchen and bathroom cabinets open. The warm air in the home will be able to circulate around under-cabinet plumbing fixtures.
- Keep your thermostat set to at least 55 degrees Fahrenheit, or higher if extreme cold is expected. You can run a ceiling fan on reverse to help circulate warm air if necessary.
If you notice a drastic drop in water pressure, this most likely means that you have a frozen pipe. Call white rock plumbers as soon as possible to come out and prevent further damage.
If you can find and access the frozen section, you can use heat pads, space heaters, or even a blow-dryer to try and thaw the pipe while you wait for a plumber. If you suspect that you may have a frozen pipe, or would like professional help in winterizing your plumbing, call Empire Plumbing today, we also offer the best pump service!